After you put all of your sources into correct MLA format, you will need to include them all on a Works Cited page.
The Works Cited page is a separate page. At the top of this page, center the words Works Cited.
Double-space and then enter or paste in all of the citations for sources that you cited within the body of your research paper; arrange them in alphabetical order by author's last name.
WHAT IF THERE IS MORE THAN ONE AUTHOR?
Alphabetize by the name of the first author listed.
WHAT IF THE CITATION DOESN'T HAVE AN AUTHOR?
Alphabetize by the first word in the title of the article, book, or other source. Ignore words like A, An, or The.
WHAT IF MULTIPLE CITATIONS HAVE THE SAME AUTHOR?
Arrange the entries alphabetically by title, and use three hyphens in place of the author's name for every cafter the first:
Burke, Kenneth. A Grammar of Motives. [...]
---. A Rhetoric of Motives. [...]
WHAT IS A WORKS CITED AND CONSULTED PAGE?
A Works Cited and Consulted page lists not only the works that you cited in your paper, but those that you have read while researching your paper; these sources helped to shape your thinking about your research topic but were not cited within the body of the paper.
- Need help with finding research topics, finding sources, or using citation systems like MLA or APA?
- Get individualized research assistance with your research.
- Request a time that fits with your schedule.
- Librarians are generally available 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Please note that we do not proofread papers nor help with writing difficulties.