Provides citations and full-image access to doctoral dissertations and master's theses from more than 1,000 graduate schools and universities. Abstracts are provided for dissertations beginning in 1980 and for master's theses beginning in 1988. Full-image PDFs are available for most titles published since 1997 and a limited number of titles previous to 1997. Coverage is from 1861 to the present.
Using Google Scholar Effectively
* When searching on-campus, the results list will automatically display a Find It @WVU link.
* Use setting (gear wheel) to set WVU Libraries as your default Google Scholar library.
* Be aware that articles found through Google Scholar are not necessarily peer-reviewed or scholarly.
Google Scholar also offers citation export.
JSTOR and ProjectMuse
JSTOR has full-text scholarly articles from journals in many disciplines.
* For best results, use the Advanced Search
* To retrieve only articles, not reviews, make sure you click on the box next to Articles.
Project MUSE provides searchable, full text access to more than 100 academic journals. It covers the fields of literature and criticism, history, the visual and performing arts, cultural studies, education, political science, gender studies, and many others.