This guide will assist distance education students in understanding the services the library provides.
- WVU Libraries
The libraries' home page has links to article databases, interlibrary loan, eReserves, and more.
Illiad is the library's interlibrary loan software. Distance Ed students can use this to request books from the WVU library or other libraries. If we can't lend it from our library, we will borrow it from another library.
If your instructor has materials on eReserves, you will find it here. Any articles, book chapters, and media on electronic reserve for your classes will be here.
- Distance Learning
The distance learning pages outline the services offered to distance learning students by the WVU Libraries.
Find your classes on eCampus.
Your WVU e-mail. (This is the only e-mail address the library will use.)
Having trouble logging into to library databases, eReserves, Mix, or eCampus? Visit ITS's website or call (304)293-4444.
Students in Extended Learning at WVU may access from off-campus:
- the MountainLynx catalog,
- more than 200 online databases, covering all disciplinary areas,
- online tutorials,
- research assistance, via e-mail, phone, or instant messaging
- one-on-one research assistance with the Distance Education Librarian,
- electronic reserves,
- ILLiad, the software system used to request books and journal articles
Head, Access Services and Multimedia Services
Downtown Campus Library