View the ABOUT section of a publisher's website. This will give you an indication of publishing criteria along with the information about the who, what, when, and where of publication.
The database Ulrich's Web can tell you whether a journal is peer-reviewed, if it's indexed by databases or other services, among other information.
The impact scores of journal are determined by citation tracking, or citation analysis. This is an important tool used to trace scholarly research, measure impact, and inform tenure and funding decisions. The impact of an article is evaluated by counting the number of times other authors cite it in their work.
Below are three evaluators of impact scores. You can use any of them to determine the journals with the highest impact in your field of interest.
START A FREE ACCOUNT WITH BROWZINE TO SAVE ARTICLES AND CREATE A BOOKSHELF OF YOUR FAVORITE JOURNALS
For Mobile Devices
- Download the BrowZine app to your mobile device.
- The first time you access the app you will need to select West Virginia University from the list of libraries.
- Enter your WVU credentials.
- Start searching for journals and articles.
For Desktop Users
- Go to the BrowZine's website.
- You can also access BrowZine by going to the WVU Libraries website and using the eJournals search box or by going to Databases > B > BrowZine Web.
- If you are off-campus, log in with your WVU credentials.
- Start searching or browsing by subject.