Cite While You Write is a plug-in for Microsoft Word. It allows you to create in-text citations and a bibliography as you write your paper.
To download the plug-in for Word:
- Log on to EndNote Web.
- Click on the Options Tab and then Download Installers.
- Follow the instructions for your specific operating system, Windows or Mac.
To begin using Cite While You Write:
- Open a new document in Word
- Cick on the tab for EndNote Web
- Click on Preferences to enter your user name and password as the default logon
- In the Preferences box, click on Application and complete the form
- Begin typing your paper
- When you want to insert a reference, click on Find Citations
- Search on an author's name or a topic which is contained in your EndNote Web database
- Then click on Insert in the same window
- Now a miracle happens, you have an in text citation and a reference in a bibliography
- Change the format of the citations and bibliography by changing the Style: in the pull down menu
To learn more, watch the Cite While You Write tutorial.